Name and jurisdiction
1. The formal name of this organization shall be:
Allstyle Dragon Dojos International
2. The abbreviations for this organization shall be: A.D.D.I.
3. Headquarters for the Association is Berlin - Germany.
4. The Founder and Director is Headmaster Michael Kuerbis
1. This Organization shall be Independence and shall
be governed by its own By-Laws.
2. This Organization may cooperate with other Governing Bodies for the
furtherance of Amateur or Professional. Martial Arts, providing such cooperation does not endanger the
Association’s essential autonomy.
1. It shall be the mission of the Allstyle Dragon
Dojos International to Encourage, develop, guide, and provide fellowship
for those individuals interested in and/or practicing in the martial
2. To promote the unity of all Martial Arts regardless of Discipline,
Style, Age, Creed, Gender or Location, Co-operation and Development
between the Arts.
3. To maintain high standards, respect traditions, foster the true
spirit, and to encourage a progressive development of all Martial Arts
regardless of origin.
4. Advance the martial arts as a traditional martial art, a means of
self-defense and as a martial sport through instruction, seminars,
tournament competition and other Activities.
5. To advance other traditional martial arts as a means of self-defense.
6. Provide quality certifications at a reasonable cost.
7. Provide international recognition of martial arts rank and training.
8. Invited practitioners of others styles of Martial Arts to participate
in the A.D.D.I. Transition Programs for Karate, SeiTo Ryu Karate, Tae
Kwon Do, Jiu Jitsu, Tae-Ji-Ka-Do and for all kind of Martial Arts.
9. To request that A.D.D.I. members shall be wellcome at all of its
10. To create a trully democratic approach in the unification of all
affiliated Martial Arts schools and instructors.
11. To stimulate interest in the various Martial Arts among all students
of Taekwondo, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Tae-Ji-Ka-Do, Hapkido and others
the general public as an “Art”.
12. To establish and maintain relations with Affiliated schools and
other authentic Martial Arts Organizations.
1. Memberships shall consist of the following:
Individual registered member, Black Belt registered member,
Affiliated Club, Group, Association membership, Honorary member.
2. Honorary membership shall be opened to any Individual who has
rendered distinguished service to this general welfare of this
3. Acceptance of the membership shall bind member to abide by-laws,
rules and regulations and policies which govern this Organization.
4. Members shall assist in the expansion, development and promotion of
1. Any person from any Art or Discipline may register
Grades, Titles and any qualifications obtained.
2. The A.D.D.I. requires an Annual or Lifetime membership fee from both
adults and juniors. The membership fees apply to everyone, regardless of
Rank, Grade or Title. The onus is on each Individual to renew their
membership ( Annual ).
3. Failure to do so will result in cancellation, together with the loss
of all privileges.
4. On receipt of their fee a Certificate of registration, a Certificate
of Rank and an I.D. card are provided.
5. The following individuals are qualified to accept and submit the
A.D.D.I. Individual Application for Membership form:
member of the Board of Directors
Representatives ( International affiliations )
Regional, Local or Country Representatives
State, Regional, Local or Country Representatives
registered A.D.D.I. Instructor, Chief ( or Head ) Instructor,
Master, Master Instructor
6. Any of
the above Individuals may accept and submit the Individual Application
for Membership form in the following manner:
A. Submit a completed Individual Application for Membership form
for each student, to A.D.D.I.HQ.
B. If the Individual applying for membership holds a certified
rank in any legal martial arts system, he must
submit a photocopy of his/her rank certificate.
1. Any Club, Group or Organization may register with
A.D.D.I., regardless of size or number of members. Each of these Clubs
must have at least ten or more members and certified Instructor.
2. In all cases the Clubs, Group, Organization fee must be paid.
This fee is the same for a Group consisting of one Club or a larger
Group containing many Clubs or Affiliations. This is paid only once and
not an annual basis.
3. Affiliated School, Group, Organization procedure:
A. The Head of the Club, Group, Organization applying for A.D.D.I.
membership must be a certified Instructor.
B. Submit a photocopy of the Head Instructor’s certificate.
C. Submit a completed Club, Group, Organization membership application
to A.D.D.I HQ.
4. Once an applying Club, Group, Organization has been accepted, the
Head of the School, Group, Organization must register all its
members with the A.D.D.I.
5. Anyone that teaches at the Club, Group, Organization must hold an
A.D.D.I. Instructor’s certificate.
6. A copy of the A.D.D.I. By-laws must be posted in all A.D.D.I.
Clubs, Groups, Organizations.
7. The Club, Group, Organization registration fee includes a certificate
1. Any Individual applying for the Instructor’s
certificate in the A.D.D.I. must be a certified Instructor in Martial
2. The Individual must hold the rank of 5th Degree and higher to be
considered for a Master Instructor license.
Individual must hold the rank of 3rd Degree up to 5th Degree for
Full Instructor license. Any Individual that hold the rank of 1st Degree
up to 2nd Degree may hold an Assistance Instructor license.
3. All the Individuals for Instructorship positions must be submitted to
the A.D.D.I. Founder and Director along with the appropiate fees and a
photocopy of the Individual’s rank certificate.
4. All A.D.D.I. Instructors must be a member of an A.D.D.I. Club, Group,
5. Once accepted, the A.D.D.I. Master Instructor may award one grade
below the Master’s present rank, e.x. 6th Degree may promote to 5th
Degree, no higher.
6. Once accepted, the A.D.D.I. Full Instructor may award two grades
below the Instructor’s present rank, e.x. 5th Degree may promote
to 3rd Degree, no higher.
7. All under Black Belt Ranks may be awarded by any adult Black Belt
member of the Organization whose Black Belt Grade Ranking is certified
by the Organization.
Structure and Positions
The structure of the Allstyle Dragon Dojos
International Chain of Command shall be:
A. Certified Instructor
B. Chief (or Head) Instructor
D. Master Instructor
E. Assistant State, Regional, Local, Country Representative
F. State, Regional, Local Representative
G. Country Representative
H. International, National, Regional Technical Board
I. Boards of Directors
J. Associational Officers (Executive Director, Association Secretary)
As a member of the A.D.D.I. one should always follow
the instructions of their instructor, and voice any complaints to the
same. However, in extreme circumstances they may by-pass their
instructor. However, if the circumstances are not deemed not to be
extreme, the A.D.D.I. may place a sanction against the member if it is
proven that their accusations are false and are an obvious malicious
attack on an individual.
Board of Directors
A Board of Directors who shall also serve as an
Advisory Board to the International Headquarters shall govern the
Allstyle Dragon Dojos International. The Board of Directors shall be
composed of A.D.D.I. members who hold the rank of 2th Degree (A) or 5th
Degree (A-B-C-F) Black Belt or higher and holding the following
A. State, Regional, Local Representatives
B. Country Representatives
C. International Technical Directors (of its country)
Duties of Board Member Positions
Note: Representatives authorized by the
International A.D.D.I. Headquarters and its Founder.
A. State, Regional, Local Representative (may be
appointed / removed by Founder and country Representative )
1. Welcome new A.D.D.I. members and/or clubs in their jurisdiction
2. Supervise and co-ordinate A.D.D.I. clubs and activities in their
3. Ensure A.D.D.I. promotion examinations in their jurisdiction are
properly carried out.
4. Promote the A.D.D.I. within their jurisdiction and submit new members
5. Carry out or delegate all duties properly assigned by higher level
A.D.D.I. Board members.
B. Assistant Country Representative: (may be appointed / removed only by
A.D.D.I. Founder and country Representatives )
1. Carry out duties properly assigned by the country Representative.
2. Assume Duties of the Country Representative in the event of his/her
absence or death.
3. Carry out or delegate duties properly assigned by higher level
A.D.D.I. Board members.
C. Country Representative: (may be appointed/removed only by
A.D.D.I. Founder )
1. Co-ordinate and supervise A.D.D.I activities within their country.
However other A.D.D.I activities may exist outside the control of the
country Representative, but under the direction of the
2. Supervise and discipline State, Regional, Local representatives,
clubs and A.D.D.I. members within their country.
3. Create appoint/remove other positions within their country.
4. Carry out or delegate duties properly assigned by higher level
A.D.D.I. Board members.
D. International Technical Director: (may be appointed/removed only by
1. Researches the Martial Arts A.D.D.I. Founder to further its
2. Sets the standards by which all the A.D.D.I. will follow for
3. Carry out all other duties properly assigned by the Founder.
1. To determine and carry out all duties and business on behalf of the
2. To direct to all activities, coordinate, control and exercise general
supervision within this Organization.
3. To provide technical advice and assistance, to examine and grand all
promotions within this Organization.
4. To create certificates and award ranks and titles on behalf of this
5. To create new officers and appoint officers deemed necessary in
behalf of this Organization.
6. The Founder shall be the highest form of authority within this
A. Standard Promotion: Members may be promoted by a
certified A.D.D.I. Instructor / Examiner using the A.D.D.I. standards (defined
in a separate publication). An A.D.D.I. certified Master Instructor /
Examiner ( 6th Degree and higher ) might promote members up to one belt
grade below his/her own rank,providing the stipulated time has elapsed
between grades. An A.D.D.I. Full Instructor / Examiner ( 3rd Degree up
to 5th Degree ) might promote members up to two belt grade below his /
her own rank, providing the stipulated time has elapsed between
B. If high grade Examiners are requested by any Group, the A.D.D.I.
will provide these from the Technical Boards. The A.D.D.I. International
Technical Board has complete authority to award any grade or title to
any member within the A.D.D.I.. The Country Technical Board have
authority to award any grade or title to any member within their own
C. Promotion by Teaching: Members may be promoted by this method
when one of their students is promoted to a rank equal to their own. If
a member is able to train a student to obtain a rank equal to their own,
then they are deserving of promotion to the next belt rank provided
their student was promoted by an A.D.D.I. certified examiner.
D. External Testing : A member of this Federation may request to be
admitted to the External Testing Program. Once admitted into the Program
will be able to test via video and written examination consisting of no
less than a thesis on a Martial Arts topic. For the above Program
contact with A.D.D.I. HQ.
E. The A.D.D.I. Board of Directors and the A.D.D.I. Founder will
evaluate this examination.
F. Promotion by Degree: A member may be promoted by Degree made by
the A.D.D.I. Founder. This promotion is usually given for loyalty and
service to the Organization, but may be given for various other reasons.
Belt Ranking System
Since the A.D.D.I is an All-Style Organization,
the actual numbers of belt ranks and colors of belts vary with the
tradition of the associated styles and systems. In order to promote
consistency, the A.D.D.I has established the following belt ranking
system. It is recommended that all A.D.D.I chartered clubs use this
A. Youth Ranking
System ( for members who are 12 years of age and under ), Junior Ranking
System and the Adult Ranking System. Students who achieve Youth Advanced
Ranking System, provided they remain active in training are
automatically converted to Junior 1st Degree Black Belt upon reaching
their 13 years of age, regardless Degree Black Belt.The maximum rank one
can attain under the Junior Ranking System is 3rd Degree Black Belt
Apprentice. Junior 1st Degree Black Belt may be examined for Adult 1st
Degree Black Belt at the age of 16. Junior 2nd and 3rd Degree Black Belt
are automatically converted to Adult 1st Degree Black Belt at the age of
16 and may be examined for Adult 2nd Degree Black Belt at the age of 18
and for Adult 3rd Degree Black Belt at the age of 21.In the Adult
Ranking System we have 10 Dan grades in the Black Belt ranking system,
with two honorary ranks 9th and 10th Degree Black
B. For all class ranks
below Black Belt, the required time in grade is 3-4 months and for the
1st Degree Black Belt, the required time is 12 months. For 2nd through
10th Degree, the time in grade requirement is the same number of years
in grade as the number of the rank held. That is, from 2nd to 3rd Degree,
the time in grade is two years, and so forth.
It is the firm belief of this Organization that our
board of directors should be board members of other similar
organizations. We do not restrict membership to other organization.
This Organization has adopted English (the global
language of commerce) as its official language. Standard English shall
be used for all A.D.D.I. publications, correspondence, voice and
electronic mail communication with international members and partners.
All correspondence with International Headquarters must also be
made in the English language.
The members shall use the Individual Martial Arts
Language (Korean or Japanese or Chinese) or the English equivalent to
define all martial arts terminology.
This Organization reserves the right to charge
reasonable fees for Lifetime membership, certifications, and other
official goods and services. These fees are subject to change. A
schedule of current fees and currently available A.D.D.I. goods and
services is available from International Headquarters. The A.D.D.I. also
reserves the right to charge a fair and reasonable service charge for
all cancelled orders.
All payments for membership shall be made to the
International Headquarters. All payments should be through Cash, Bank
Transfer or by International Postal Money Orders only. Banking
information is available from your National or International
All new members of this Organization shall be required
to complete a (3) month probationary membership prior to being
considered for any appointment to offices within this Organization. This
probation can only be lifted early by the A.D.D.I. Founder.
Logo and Graphics
Please note no one is permitted to use the A.D.D.I.
for any purpose unless given written permission from the A.D.D.I.
Founder. Only the persons with a valid written legal agreement with the
A.D.D.I. may produce certification with the A.D.D.I. logo. Moreover,
only the A.D.D.I. Headquarters may produce Dan promotion certificates
with the A.D.D.I. logo on them. Only Official A.D.D.I. certificates will
bear their seal.
All official A.D.D.I.certificates shall bare a special